Nudie Jeans Help Center
Welcome to our Help Center. Write your question and hopefully your answer will appear to the right
Or just scroll down to the FAQ.
What can we help you with?
How should I wash my jeans?Answer:
Firstly, we recommend washing as seldom as possible due to two reasons:
A. The less we as consumers wash the less water and energy is used – thus environmental impact is decreased.
B. If wearing Dry Denim it's a good thumb rule to wear them daily for about 6 months before the first wash to ensure the jeans then get enough wear to develop a nice worn-in look.
So our recommendation below is mostly valid for dry Denim Jeans, as pre-washed jeans are not affected by washing to the same extent.
Wear and use your dry jeans as much as possible. We recommend at least 6 months of daily wear so that you develop a unique worn-in look.
If you choose to wash earlier than the 6 months then make sure to wash it on a very gentle cycle. What you want is to lower the mechanical movement to avoid any bad wash effects. This can be done by setting the spin to low on a regular cycle, or choosing a cycle such as "hand wash" or "gentle", options most domestic washing machines have.
Turn your jeans inside-out, soak them in water and put them in your washing machine.
Use moderately gentle detergent for colored clothes - detergents with bleaching agents are not to be used. Also, refrain from using a fabric softener when washing stretch jeans as this degrades the elastane.
Use a regular wash cycle at 40°C.
When the washing cycle is done directly remove the jeans and stretch the inseam and waistband to minimize shrinking.
Even out any creases on the jeans and let them hang dry - do not tumble dry your jeans.
In order to further minimize the amount of shrinkage, it's recommended to stretch the jeans thoroughly, both in the waistband and inseam, several times during the drying process. So you can preferably stretch them once directly after the wash, once when they're damp and once when they're almost dry.
Good luck with the washing!
Fits & Products.
- Are you discontinuing Fearless Freddie?
- When can I wash?
- What size should I order?
- Do you have womens jeans?
- How would you describe a tight fit?
- Are your jeans unisex?
- How would you describe a slim fit?
- How would you describe a regular fit?
- Are your jeans vegan?
- What fit is Hightop Tilde?
- What fit is Skinny Lin?
- What fit is Tight Terry?
- What fit is Lean Dean?
- What fit is Grim Tim?
- What fit is Thin Finn?
- What fit is Breezy Britt?
- What fit is Dude Dan?
- What fit is Steady Eddie II?
- What fit is Sleepy Sixten?
- What is the difference between Jonas and Jonis?
- What material are your shirts made of?
- Do you have sweatshirts in the assortment?
- Do you have knits in the assortment?
- Does the denim jackets come in dry denim, black denim and pre-washed denim?
- What are your jackets made of?
- What leather do you use?
- Do your products contain nickel?
- What are the inspiration for Nudie Jeans Canvas?
- What is the difference between the canvas fits?
- What fit is Slim Adam?
- What fit is Regular Anton?
- Are all Canvas made of the same fabric?
- Can you make me a pair of shorts?
- Do you sell shorts?
- What is a good alternative to High Kai?
- What is a good alternative to Pipe Led?
- What is a good alternative to Big Bengt / Sharp Bengt?
- What is a good alternative to Loose Leif?
- What is a good alternative to Steady Eddie?
- What is a good alternative to Slim Kim?
- What is a good alternative to Slim Jim?
- What is a good alternative to Straight Alf?
- What is a good alternative to Brute Knut
- What is a good alternative to Tube Tom?
- What is a good alternative to Tape Ted?
- What is a good alternative to Hank Rey?
- What is a good alternative to Long John?
- What is a good alternative to Bootcut Eddy?
- What is a good alternative to Bootcut Ola
- Which size should I get for my gloves?
- Which size should I get for my belt?
Ordering & Payment.
- I didn't get an order or shipping confirmation?
- Why isn't my payment accepted?
- How does it work with tax deduction?
- What is your accessibility?
- What are your general terms & conditions?
- How can I get all my data removed from your systems?
- How long is a store credit valid for?
- How will you handle my personal data?
- Which payment methods are accepted in your stores?
- I can't place an order?
- How long is a gift card valid for?
- Is the item available in any of your stores?
- How do I know if my order went through?
- How do I pay for my order?
- How do I enter my phone number at checkout?
- Can I purchase a gift card online?
- I have a voucher code, how can I use it?
- Where can I find a Nudie Jeans store?
- Do I need an account to place an order?
- How much is the shipping cost?
- How do I return my order?
- Do you offer free returns?
- I lost my return documents, can I still return?
- The return period is over. Can I still return it?
- Where is my refund?
- I have a complaint, what can I do?
- Can I return items bought at sale?
- Can I exchange for another size?
- How to return with UPS?
- Can I return or exchange my online order in-store?
- Can I combine several orders in one return?
- Can I send back an order using a different courier?
- Can I return items bought in any Nudie Jeans store worldwide?
- I have a problem with my jeans, what should I do?
- How do I get my Nudie Jeans repaired for free?
- Do you repair all Nudie Jeans no matter where they're bought?
- What does lifetime repair mean?
- Is the repair service free of charge?
- What's the waiting time for repairs?
- Where can I get my jeans repaired?
- Can I get my Nudie Jeans hemmed for free?
- Should I make an appointment to get my jeans repaired?
- Can I send in my jeans for repair?
- Do you repair broken buttons?
- When is my repair done?
- Do you repair jeans from other brands?
- Do you repair broken zippers?
- Can I leave more than one pair at a time for repair?
- Do the jeans needs to be washed before handling them in?
- Do you repair every area of the jean?
- Can I alter my jeans at your Repair Shops?
- Do the outlets offer the repair service as well?
- How does the repair service work and why do you offer it?
- Do you offer same day repair?
- What's a mobile repair station?
- Do other retailers who sells Nudie Jeans also do repairs?
- How many jeans in total have you repaired?
- When did the Repair program started?
- What's your trade-in discount?
- Can I send in an old pair of Nudie Jeans to be recycled?
- Can I trade in an old pair of jeans and get 20% discount on a new pair?
- How many jeans have you collected within the Reuse program?
- When did you start your Reuse program?
- What happens to my old jeans that are handed in to the Repair Shops?
- Where does the cotton you use in your products come from?
- Where does the leather come from?
- What is vegetable-tanned leather?
- Which of your products are better from an environmental standpoint?
- Is there a difference between Organic and Fairtrade cotton?
- Do you use recycled cotton?
- What is Lyocell /Tencel®️?
- Do you use certified cotton in all your products?
- What kind of dye do you use? Is the dye certified organic?
- Where do your buttons, rivets, thread and other materials come from?
- What is Tencel®️ made of?
- Do you have a sustainability report?
- What is Jacron and how do you use it?
- What is organic cotton?
- What does sustainability mean to Nudie Jeans?
- What is Fairtrade cotton?
- What chemicals do you use?
c/o Nudie Jeans.
- How should I wash my jeans?
- How should I wash my black jeans?
- What is dry bleeding or dry crocking?
- I don't want to wash my jeans yet, what can I do to keep them fresh?
- What is indigo?
- What is selvage?
- What is dry denim?
- How do I best store my denim?
- How can I avoid crotch rips?
- What is a left hand twill?
- What is a right hand twill?
- My jeans shrunk, what can I do?
- What is a broken twill?
- What is ounce/oz?
- What is comfort stretch?
- What is honeycombs?
- What is power stretch?
- What is crosshatch?
- What is ring spun?
- What is an open end construction?
- What is warp and what is weft?
- What is a replica?
- What is a cast?
- What is overdyed fabric?
- Can you help me re-dye my black jeans?
- What is scraping?
- Are your jeans sanforized?
- What does the process rinse mean?
- What is stonewash?
- What is a tint?
- What is a rigid material?